Sunday, October 14, 2007

Left over potatoes make a great breakfast

What do you do with your left over roasted potatoes? Use them for breakfast! The other night I make some roasted potatoes to go with some barbecued hamburgers (which were FANTASTIC). Of course I made more then we could use, so the next morning when I was trying to figure out what to make my always hungry 16 year old son I thought of the potatoes.

I took out a frying pan, heated the pan, sliced up three strips of bacon and when the pan was warm enough started to cook the bacon. (I use the already cooked bacon from Costco so I was really just warming up the bacon.)

When the bacon was getting a bit crispy I put the potatoes in the pan and continued to cook until the potatoes were getting warmed through. (The potatoes were already browned, and warming them through made them crispy on the outside again.)

Then I beat up three egg whites and one egg yoke, turned down the temperature of the pan, added the eggs, threw in some shredded low fat Mexican blended cheese, cooked for a bit more and ended up serving my son a breakfast that he loved.

You could add mushrooms to this mix, or if you have some other type of left over meat add that instead of the bacon. This makes a filling breakfast and it is really quick and easy. If you like "spicy" add some hot sauce at the very end.

Enjoy!

No comments: